Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sick and Tired (Pt. 1)

So, I haven't written in quite some time, at least not for the blog. I've been in extreme fatigue and survival mode for a while. I may have mentioned my illness in recent posts. It's called adrenal fatigue. I hate talking and thinking about it so much, but right now I just am anxious about getting better. I've felt this way for 9 months or so. I hate it when people complain about being sick, so that's probably why I haven't posted in a while. This sickness weighs heavily on my mind and how to get better even more so.

I've seen my doctor about it on several occasions and been to an endocrinologist. Neither one has offered me an explanation for the tiredness. The original reason I went in was due to heart palpitations (tachycardia), but now that I've figured out what is triggering those, I'm dealing with an extremely low energy supply, and more specifically, low morning cortisol levels.

I say all this as a sort of excuse for my absence. I've been resting, or, more appropriately, recuperating. My body is renewing itself by the grace of God, but very slowly. This is my introduction to the series I will be doing on being sick and how I'm dealing with it (and not dealing with it), how I'm getting better (and not getting better). I intend to go deep on this one. I am usually a very high energy person, so this has been hard. Sitting and writing about this is helping me to process it all. Anyway, consider this part one of Sick and Tired.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you're going through! I'm going through the same thing since my Zee was born! Mine was triggered by severe allergies/food intolerances :( I've been taking synthetic thyroid hormone b/c I'm hypothyroid, and following a gluten-free, dairy-free, fungal elimination diet and I'm still not satisfied with where I am as far as energy level. I'm going to start the GAPS diet in a couple weeks to see if that ameliorates my lack of energy and possibly some of my allergies. I'll let you know how I come out!

    Rachel U.

    ReplyDelete