Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

Father's day has always been a little hard for me.  I had some great father-figures growing up (Uncles, you are amazing) but it's strange celebrating a holiday for a person who is completely absent in your life.  Truthfully, Father's Day was the one holiday I found myself dreading year after year.  It served as a painful reminder of what I was missing in my life. 

Now that I am married and my husband is a father, I can look at this holiday in a different light.  I am incredibly blessed to have a husband who is caring, attentive, selfless and loving.  He is everything I never thought existed in a man.  To watch him father our girls is an honor.  He is very much a co-parent with me and I know I couldn't do this parenting thing without him.  I am blessed to know that my girls will grow up knowing their father loves them, that any doubt of that fact will not be present in their minds. 

Tomorrow we have a few things planned, but mostly we are going to spend a lovely, relaxing day with our favorite Papabear. 

Enjoy Father's day and give that father, uncle or future father a big hug for me. 

1 comment: