Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rest

























Sometimes, life forces you to slow down.  I've been feeling the weight of our busyness for quite some time now.  Papabear has been working so hard.  I have been working, going to school and trying my hardest to keep a tidy house (ok, maybe not that hard).  Our girls are growing, oh so quickly, and I find that I am failing to keep up with their pace.  It feels as if every weekend is taken up by work or other family obligations.  And all I want to do is sit and catch my breath. 

Although this isn't the way I was looking for rest, I got it.  Monday evening I missed a step while I was walking down the stairs.  I was also holding Lu.  I came down on my left foot, hard, and it bend backwards.  Thankfully, Z was right behind me and she was able to retrieve the phone for me and I called Papabear.  I somehow managed to get out "I...hurt....myself!" and he was on his way.  He called our Priest who made it here first.  Papabear misheard me on the phone and had informed our Priest that I hurt my mouth.  I explained how I hurt my foot, then Papabear walked in.  He looked extremely relieved to not see blood coming out of my mouth.  I was trying to convince him to let me wait until the morning to get it checked out, but he was adamant about going somewhere right away.  My brother came over to watch Z and we were off. 

A little over two hours and a few x-rays later I was told I just sprained my foot.  Let me tell you, friends, that a sprained foot is extremely painful.  Both my mom and my MIL said it's too bad it didn't just break because it would heal faster that way.  For now, I get to wear a cast shoe and rest as much as possible.  As you can imagine, this can be difficult with two little ones.  But our amazing family has stepped up and helped out a lot this week.  I am so grateful to have them nearby. 

These past few days there has been a lot of rest (for me) and lots of cuddling on the couch with Lu.  While it's not the ideal situation, I'm grateful for the time I've had to slow down and rest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment