Thursday, February 17, 2011

Little Bird Fly Through My Window

We love music in this house.  Z has some favorite's, which are luckily some of my favorites too.  Those include mewithoutYou, Danielson, She & Him and Rosie Thomas.  Most of the time the music we listen to is appropriate for her to listen to as well.  But lately, we've been more aware of the words of some of our favorite bands and realizing that maybe we need to have some good kid's music around too.  However, I've found that it's difficult to find kid's music that doesn't want to make me gouge my eyes out.  (Too dramatic?)

Raffi gets played a lot, but I can only take him for so long.  Seriously, listen to "Bananaphone" on repeat for 3 days in a row.  Then you will know what I mean.  The other day we were listening to Raffi on Pandora when I re-discovered another children's artist that is quickly becoming a favorite. 


I first discovered Elizabeth Mitchell through my cousin Melissa's blog.  I remember hearing her music and thinking, "I would listen to this even if I didn't have kids".  However, that thought got lost in my pregnancy fog and I didn't think of her again.  Then "Little Bird" came on Padora and I remembered how much I like Elizabeth Mitchell.  We've listened to the album through and through and I am in love.  This is kid's music that you AND your little ones will enjoy together.

P.S. The artwork on that album is done by one of my favorites...Ida Pearle!

2 comments:

  1. love this post! thanks for the great gift idea for my lil' nephew~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a great gift Amy!

    ReplyDelete